Ephesians 4:12 …for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry, for the edification of the body of Christ till we all come to the unity of faith and to the knowledge of the Son of God to a perfect man
Understanding the IAFB requires an awareness of who we are, what we were then and what have shaped and moulded us. God Almighty has shaped and moulded the IAFB with a wonderful identity. In His divine wisdom, God designed this assembly to fulfill His purpose, ie. to proclaimthe good news and make the world a better place to live in. It is therefore through the power of the Holy Spirit that this assembly of churches seeks to develop, equip and train the body of Christ.
CHRISTIAN EDUCATION is essential to the nurturing of people in the knowledge and understanding of what it is to be a Christian. It is the teaching ministry of the church and includes all of the learning opportunities offered to adults, youths and children. It is inclusive of all the experiences of faith formation that may take place at a variety of locations throughout the week and year.
The Christian Education Department aims to assist member churches in their task of helping their congregation strengthen their commitment to Christ by using their gifts to build and bless others, to worship Him and evangelize the world.
• Provide a vital role in the assembly’s mission in enabling member churches to connect , augment and edify each other
• Assist in addressing the needs and concerns of the local church Christian Education ministry
• Equip bible teachers with tools to strengthen their intellectual and spiritual growth
• Encourage local churches to support Christian Education activities
• Serve as a resource for auxiliary groups in churches when called upon
• Submit a year end report to the IAFB board.
WAYS AND MEANS
• Conduct local church visits and observe CE in action & provide feedback
• Encourage staff attendance to seminars, conferences, ie. BASS, SASS
• Conduct seminars/workshops to address issues and concerns and for members to gain creative ideas and approaches in teaching
• Conduct district rallies to encourage participation, cohesiveness and camaraderie among sister churches and to foster creative talents as well
• Sponsor scholarships in biblical studies to a correspondence school to those who have the potential to become bible study teachers and/or licensed
• Keep lines of communication open with local CE Supts.
A Few Words from the Christian Education Director (to 2018): Prescilla Picar
Happy New Year! Praise the Lord whose blessings overflow! I am looking forward to all of the miraculous things God has in store this year – 2015. Christian Education is an integral adjunct to this organization and it is a privilege to serve as the Christian Education Director. I give glory and honor to my Lord, Jesus Christ, for giving me this opportunity to learn, serve, and grow in the ministry. 2 Timothy 2:15 states, “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed …”
I have been married to Pastor Wayne Picar for almost 25 years. We are blessed with 3 children: Brenna, Wayne Jr., and Justin. I’m employed as a school nurse. I’m currently taking classes with New Hope Bible College. My ultimate goal is to obtain a BA in one of the offered areas of study.
In addition to being a pastor’s wife, I lead our church’s prayer group, assist with overseeing our Young People’s Sunday School Class, teach Bible Studies, and preach on the 1st Sunday of each month.
I’m appealing for your support for Christian Education by regularly studying the Word of God, your prayers, and your presence at the annual CE Rally in Porterville this May. In addition, I would like to express my appreciation to my predecessors for their guidance. May God continue to use and bless you.
Assistant Christian Education Director: Sharon Shevelon
I am married to David Shevelon. We have 2 children Kasi and Bryce and both have families of their own. I have 5 grandchildren, and 2 great grand children. I was ordained July 21, 2011. I obtained my AA Degree in Biblical Studies, and would obtain my BA January 2015 from New Hope Bible College in Lomita. At Faith Gospel Center, I’m a Sunday School teacher for the Adult class, Prayer Coordinator, and one of the leaders. I’m employed as a Medical Assistant/Tax Preparer.
CHRISTIAN EDUCATION DEPARTMENT OFFICERS
See Leadership page for current department head
PRESCILLA PICAR — CE DIRECTOR
Sharon Shevelon — Secretary Treasurer
|LOCAL CHURCH SUPT.||CHURCH||CITY|
|Raul Vargas||Calvary Assembly||Escondido|
|Susan Fillon||New Hope Christian Center||Lomita|
|Nenita Picar||Holy Redeemer Full Gospel Ch.||Delano|
|Mitzi Gaston||New Life Full Gospel Fellowship||Los Angeles|
|Tess Maghirang||Assembly of the First Born Tab.||San Diego|
|Chris Sumaguit||Temple of Praise Christian Fello.||Porterville|
|Proceso Marcos||Bethany Christian Center||Stockton|
|Edrienne Bocobo||New Life Christian Fellowship||Elk Grove|
|Elsie Cueto||Praise Christian Church||Milpitas|
|Charise Walters||Salinas Full Gospel||Salinas|
|Eva Difuntorum||Full Gospel Chapel||San Francisco|
|Felipe Delos Santos||Full Gospel Assembly||West Sacramento|
|Amor Chan||Faith Gospel Center||Vallejo|
|Ptr. Arnie Sabangan||New Vision Christian Center||Las Vegas|